Tim's national television credits include:
- "The Bob and Tom Show"--on WGN-TV
- "Stand-up Stand-up"--on Comedy Central
- "The Showtime Comedy Club Network"
- "George Schlatter's Comedy Club Special"--a prime-time ABC-TV presentation
- "George Schlatter's Comedy Club"--two appearances on the syndicated show
Also, many local television and news programs including:
- Chicago, IL
- WGN-TV Channel 9
- Des Moines, IA:
- KCCI-TV Channel 8 (CBS)
- Evansville, IN:
- WFIE-TV Channel 14 (NBC)
- WEHT-TV Channel 25 (ABC)
- Green Bay, WI:v
- WLUK-TV Channel 11 (Fox)
- Kansas City, MO:
- WDAF-TV Channel 4 (Fox)
- Louisville, KY:
- WAVE-TV Channel 3 (NBC)
- WDRB-TV Channel 41 (Fox)
- WLKY-TV Channel 32 (CBS)
- "WAVE-3 Listens" with Dawne Gee
- Reno, NV:
- KRNV-TV Channel 4 (NBC)
- "Back Stage Pass" syndicated program
- St. Louis, MO:
- KTVI-TV Channel 2 (Fox)
- South Bend, IN:
- KSJV-TV Channel 28 (Fox)
- Wichita, KS:
- KAKE-TV Channel 10 (ABC)
- Youngstown, OH:
- WYTV-TV Channel 33 (ABC)
On the Radio
Tim and his songs have been heard on these radio shows and countless others across the country:
- "The Bob and Tom Show" -- This syndicated morning radio show, heard on 150 station nationwide, has featured over one hundred of Tim's songs. From 1997-2000, Tim had a regular segment on the show, called "The One Minute Song." In that segment, Tim performed short little ditties tackling the issues of the day. In 2007, Tim introduced a still recurring segment, called "Tim Cavanagh's Cavalcade of Celebrity Birthdays," a comedic celebration of the famous and the infamous on their special day.
- "The Dr. Demento Show" -- This nationally syndicated, Los Angeles-based comedy radio show has featured thirty of Tim's songs over the years. This list of songs includes "I Wanna Kiss Her (But She Won't Let Me)," "99 Dead Baboons," "Really Safe Sex," "The ABCs of Dead Russian Leaders," and "C'mon, Drink Up, Chuck and Di."
- "The Steve Cochran Show" -- This funny news/talk show broadcast on AM powerhouse WGN in Chicago has frequently showcased Tim and his songs.
- "The John Carney Show" -- This talk/entertainment show, broadcast on KMOX/St. Louis, can be heard all over the Midwest. Tim is a frequent guest.
- "The Terry Meiners Show" -- Broadcast on WHAS in Louisville, this news/talk/ entertainment show features Tim's songs and, whenever he is in the area, Tim himself.
- "The Jim Krenn Show" -- Tim has been a frequent guest on this morning drive radio show on WDVE in Pittsburgh. Listeners have made his song, "Get Drunk with Dignity," one of their favorites.
- "The Danny Bonaduce Show" -- Tim was a writer and a regular guest and contributor (including dozens of jingles and songs) on Danny's show when it aired on WLUP-FM in Chicago, and then on WKQI in Detroit, and on BIG 105 in New York City.
In the Clubs
Tim has headlined at these and many other comedy clubs:
- Catch A Rising Star -- Las Vegas, NV; Reno, NV; Princeton, NJ
- Comedy Cafe -- Milwaukee, WI
- Comedy Caravan -- Louisville, KY
- Comedy Circuit -- Salt Lake City, UT
- Comedy Connection -- Boston, MA; Providence, RI
- Comedy Corner -- West Palm Beach, FL
- Comedy Gallery -- Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comedy Off Broadway -- Lexington, KY
- Comedy Stop at the Trop -- Atlantic City, NJ
- Comix Cafe -- Rochester, NY
- Connxtions -- Lansing, MI; Toledo, OH
- Crackers -- Indianapolis, IN
- Dr. Grin's -- Grand Rapids, MI
- Funny Bone -- Boise, ID; Des Moines, IA; Evansville, IN; Naperville, IL; Pittsburgh, PA; St. Louis, MO; Shreveport, LA; South Bend, IN; Springfield, IL
- Funny Business -- Madison, WI
- Funny Farm -- Youngstown, OH
- Go Bananas -- Cincinnati, OH
- Hilarities -- Cleveland, OH
- Improv -- Tampa, FL
- Loony Bin -- Little Rock, AR; Memphis, TN; Wichita, KS
- Mainstreet Comedy Showcase -- Ann Arbor, MI
- Nick's Comedy Stop -- Boston, MA
- Penguin's -- Cedar Rapids, IA, Bettendorf, IA
- Snickerz Comedy Bar -- Ft. Wayne, IN
- Stanford's Comedy House -- Kansas City, MO
- Wiley's -- Dayton, OH
- Wit's End -- Denver, CO
- Zanies -- Chicago, IL; Nashville, TN
If you'd like information about booking Tim for a TV, radio, or club appearance, please leave him an e-mail message, or call him at (708) 403-8510.